I made the fix to the other 3 pair of trousers I had cut out based on V8751 and sewed them up this weekend. Alas, the dreaded seamline creep is back! I know it was the hemline adjustment that threw things out of whack for me, since the black pair’s seamlines are perfectly straight.
Notice the twist that I have to fix on the pattern before I can call my pants sloper done. After consulting my fitting reference books and DVDs, I am going to retrace the pattern and do the following:
- shift the seamlines to the front and back respectively, to address the ring around the pant leg; and
- redraw the grainlines on the front and back pieces to get future pants on-grain.
I am hopeful that this will work since I really like the fit of the pants.
Too bad for the folks at my sub assignments, because I’m going to wear the navy blue and brown ones until I sew replacements!