Like Madame Blueberry, I’m through with Vogue 8648.
I made THREE, count them 3, muslins.
I thought after all that fitting work, my final dress would be a snap. But no. The bodice still wasn’t right. Same bra, check. Haven’t gained or lost weight, check. Hand sewed in the underlining for umpteen hours, check. Hand basted the dress together, check. Final product outstanding, not check. I don’t know what happened, but the sleeves just would not sit right no matter how much adjusting I did. And adjust, adjust, adjust I did.
I wanted to toss the whole thing in the trash. But, like a bad relationship, I thought about all the hours I invested in this project, and with the fact that I l.o.v.e. the fabric color. I’m ripping the bodice from the skirt. My 1 Dress is going to become a skirt this weekend. Finished project to follow.