1. I’m a single mom whose secret dream is to home-school my kids. Hence the title of this blog :).
2. On average, I have moved every 2 years since I turned 18. That is a lot of moving for someone who grew up in 1 house.
3. I’ve been blogging since 2007 after one of my grad school instructors asked the class how we were going to change the world. My first blog was all about re-education and social conditioning. This blog is about sewing and life. It’s fun where the other was more journal-esque (and is long gone from the web).
4. I love the 1940’s.
5. I don’t really watch tv & never watch the news. It’s always bad/horrific: “If it bleeds, it leads.”
6. I am the first person in my family to graduate from college.
7. I’ve been told I sound very “white”. People who meet me in person after only hearing me are shocked! Shocked! LOL
I actually only have 11:
1. RiAnge Creations — Angela makes all her projects look effortless. And she belly dances too!
2. New Vintage Lady — Shelley is one of the only other women of color I have encountered online who enjoys swing dance (and was brave enough to take it up pretty seriously for a while). She also sells vintage patterns and repros on etsy.
3. On the Road to Sew Wear — I’ve been following BeaJay’s blog since she started the Plus Size Pattern Pyramid. She’s been working steadily on her sewing skills and just completed a sheath dress TNT.
4. As I Said — I enjoy LsaSpacey’s posts. She did some great work last year on getting pants to fit correctly.
5. The Flowery Skirt — I first encountered Barbara’s work on Wardrobe Refashion. She has such a wonderful way with using what’s at hand to create something beautiful. And she just completed her “high fashion pattern maker” diploma!
6. The Happiness in your Life — I enjoy Doe Zantamanta’s inspirational quotes.
7. Faye’s Sewing Adventure — Faye is so gracious and talented. She recently hosted the 2013 Essential Top Sew-Along with a great turnout and has previously hosted the Carnival of Skirts.
8. Simple Inspirations — All of Myra’s projects fit her so well and look so chic on her.
9. Brenda’s Sewing Nook — Brenda is so technically proficient and her pieces always fit her to perfection. And she just became a grandmother recently.
10. I Might Sew…If I Had More Time — Amy was the first person to comment on this blog. She makes some of the most beautiful knit pieces. She has even begun making her own designs.
11. Smoking Needles — I really enjoy the real-life wearable garments Knitmachinequeen creates. Along with her foray into bra-making!
Happy sewing everybody.