I’m still working on my first muslin of my 1 dress. My first muslin – ugh! But I really want to get this fit right, so I’m not too upset about it. I mean, 1 dress in the year 2012 is still totally attainable. It’s only the beginning of April! (*smile*).
Pin fitting the first muslin led to a smooth bodice while the dress was on, but made the armscye just crazy!
There was no way the sleeve would fit into the mess I had just made, so I got out all 4 of the fitting books I have to see what I could do to fix the situation. I settled on the good old pivot and slide technique for the square shoulder adjustment/armscye fix. Here’s the result of my handiwork so far. !
My goal is to make a second bodice muslin this week. Wow, I must be growing up, because I would have scrapped this in pure frustration before!