My 1 Dress: Progress & Fabric Choice

I made some progress on my goal dress last week.  I worked on the FBA and short waist adjustments.  I also added a protruding backside adjustment from Power Sewing.  I love that book – my high school sewing teacher gave it to me for a graduation present.

As much as I would love to be able to join the new fabric buyers’ club, I need to use what I have on hand (and/or can afford) as much as possible.  For the muslin, I’m using an old sheet from my mom’s collection.  It’s all prepped and ready to go.  And here are my fabric choices:

Stash Fabric from Jo-Ann’s & Affordable Fabrics

I’ve had both of these fabrics in my stash for at least a couple of years.  The teal fabric is a stretch poly/rayon that I bought at Affordable Fabrics in Rocky Hill.  I bought 5+ yards of it at the time, so there’s plenty for me to work with on this project.  I bought the leopard print poly charmeuse at Jo-Ann’s ages ago.  I remember I loved it, had to have it, and used a 40% off coupon to get it.  I think it will make an excellent removable lining (aka – a slip). 

I hope to have the muslin cut out this week.  I’m really taking my time with this – but at least I’m moving forward!

More later gator!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s